A week or so back the optical mouse gave up the ghost. It had been a long time coming I guess. In the old days, this usually meant popping the ball and doing some quick x-acto surgery to get all the accumulated gunk out of the housing. X-acto surgery never really worked forever, but it did alleviate the problem for a bit of time.
Now with the optical mouse, I never thought I would be confronted by something like ‘jerky mouse’ syndrome again but, sure enough over the last few weeks (months?) I had been noticed a lack of responsiveness. I tried blowing canned air into the ‘eye’ of the thing but, that didn’t work. What else was there to do? The thing is supposed to be sealed up tight as a drum the only other thing I could imagine the problem being was a short in the USB connection running from the mouse to the keyboard.
I have a big reluctance to go the whole wireless route - don’t ask me why and I had to admit to being quite happy with the optical mouse for the most part. I liked the styling too! It’s not as if the styling makes any realy difference but, I confess I was a sucker for it’s ‘Flash Gordony’ looking see through husk.
So, finally in frustration I bit the bullet and looked around for a new mouse. I got this:
My inner geek has embraced this little sucker! I’m not as crazy about the ‘Sleeper’ styling but the damn bugger is so frikkin’ handy I find myself consumed with great glee while using it.
I have to get a hobby.
No comments:
Post a Comment